At our Academy, we are dedicated to providing the utmost professional martial arts instruction in the safest and most caring learning environment possible. We do this by ensuring that we:
- Provide the most experienced, most positive, and most professional martial arts instructors who strive to be role models in the community.
- Teach a martial art that develops a student's mind, body, and spirit in a positive way.
Why The American Academy of Martial Arts?
Everyone is special at the American Academy of Martial Arts! We take the time to get to know each and every student. Many of our students train with other family members, thus creating a very positive, family atmosphere. We offer lots of fun, family activities for the whole family - picnics, skating parties, and holiday events, just to name a few.
Our instructors know how to inspire! They're positive, success oriented, and help keep students on track with their progress and goals. We have the largest teaching staff in Howard County, helping us keep the instructor to student ratio very low. Our instructors practice what they preach and are positive role models in the community.
Our 5000 square foot state of the art facility is the largest martial arts school in Howard County and one of the largest in the country. Our training area is stocked with all the equipment needed for proper martial art training, from free standing heavy bags to hand held pads and mitts.
Master Instructors and school owners Ron and Julie Elrod have been teaching in Howard County since 1984. They are direct students of Soke Hatsumi, the 34th generation Ninjutsu Grandmaster. They have written three best selling martial arts children's books, appeared on the national television show "To Tell The Truth," and were awarded Master Instructors of the Year by the Karate Hall of Fame.
American Academy of Martial Arts Student Creed
- I will develop myself in a positive manner, and avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or my physical health.
- I will develop self-discipline, to help myself and others.
- I will use what I learn in class constructively and defensively, to help myself and others, and never to be abusive or offensive.